KEY FACTS ABOUT BRUSSEL’S BONSAI
- Brussel’s Bonsai is America’s largest importer and grower of fine quality bonsai.
- Founded by Brussel Martin in 1973.
- Approximately 50 employees.
- Annual Revenues exceed $5,000,000.
- Approximately 20 acres devoted entirely to bonsai.
- Over 180,000 square feet of greenhouse space.
- New Facility Opened in May of 2004 includes a 5,000 square foot office and an 18,000 square foot shipping/production building.
- Over 90% of our products are shipped.
- Within 20 miles of Federal Express and UPS hubs allowing late cutoff times. Orders received by 2:00pm CST are shipped that same day.
Choose with confidence because Brussel's Bonsai:
- Cultivates healthy, beautiful trees in state-of-the-art, climate controlled greenhouses
- Offers a wide selection of bonsai to match your preference for variety; flowering, fruiting, fantastic foliage or form, and more.
- Ships more bonsai than any other grower in the country and has developed a proprietary, insulated carton-in-carton design to ensure safe delivery.
- Provides clear and complete care instructions for long term success.
- Includes custom gift messages on crisp, white gift cards.
- Delivers the best satisfaction guarantee in the industry.
- Our trees are hand-selected in Asia
- In preparation for shipment, our bonsai are ‘bare-rooted’ meaning all the soil is removed. The trees are then bundled and packed in sphagnum moss to keep them moist.
- Shipments are routed to a USDA inspection station where they are thoroughly examined for bugs and disease.
- After clearing the USDA inspection, our tree shipments are sent to the nursery. We immediately unpack the trees and get them in soil as soon as possible. The trees are placed under mist for about a month before they are moved to another location at the nursery.
- It usually takes up to three months for root systems to become re-established. Once this occurs, we begin potting the bonsai in their finished ceramic containers. We rest the trees another three months before they are moved into our shippable inventory. It is very common for our bonsai trees to be at the nursery for 8 to 10 months before we consider them ready to ship.